Laura The Gastronaut > Recipes > Cocktails > Pumpkin Pecan Whisky
Pumpkin Pecan Whisky
October 13, 2021 | Jump to Recipe
*This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see full disclosure policy for details.*
Have you ever had a pumpkin pecan praline pie? It's one of my favorite pies ever. This drink was inspired by that pie with pumpkin cream, pecan whisky, and caramel vodka.
31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN
This pumpkin pecan whisky is a part of my 31 Days of Halloween. For each day in October, I come up with a cocktail recipe and snack recipe that perfectly matches a scary movie, Halloween movie, or a fun spooky activity. Check it out for all of your Halloween snack and drinking desires!
PUMPKIN + PECAN PRALINE= PERFECT PAIR
This was the perfect cocktail to sip on while listening to a spooky podcast! A few years ago I made Sally Baking Addiction's Pecan Praline Pumpkin Pie. Y'all- it is amazing!! I usually make it 3 times during the fall season. I like pumpkin pie, but I always felt like it was lacking in the texture area. This pie is great because you get the traditional pumpkin pie, but you also get a sweet nutty crunch with each bite as well. This cocktail was inspired by that pie. I used Select Club's pecan praline whisky. This whisky tastes exactly like pecan praline without being too sweet. I could definitely drink this alone on the rocks. For this cocktail, I then mixed in pumpkin spice Irish cream and caramel vodka for all the fall pie flavors. Lastly, I gave my glass a brown sugar rim. YUM!
PUMPKIN PECAN PRALINE WHISKY INGREDIENTS
• Pecan Praline Whisky: I highly recommend Select Club's Precan Praline Whisky if you can find it. It tastes just like pecan, and isn't too sweet! If you can't find it, any pecan-flavored whisky will work.
• Pumpkin Spice Irish Cream: A favorite flavored with pumpkin spice. If you can't find pumpkin spice Irish cream, a pumpkin spice liqueur will work in its place.
• Caramel Vodka: I tried other alternatives in place of caramel vodka such as butterscotch schnapps, but I kept coming back to caramel. It rounds out the pumpkin cream and pecan praline whisky for this pie-inspired cocktail.
• Brown Sugar: For the rim.
• Freshly grated nutmeg: For topping.
HOW TO MAKE A PUMPKIN PECAN PRALINE WHISKY
In a shaker, pour in 1 1/4 ounces pecan praline whisky, 1/2 ounce pumpkin spice Irish cream, and 1/4 ounce caramel vodka. Add a couple of ice cubes and shake about 10 seconds until chilled.
Dip the rim of the cocktail glass in a bit of water and then twirl the rim in some brown sugar.
Strain into a cocktail glass with one large ice cube. Cheers!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PUMPKIN PECAN WHISKY
• Caramel Apples; These caramel apples make a great treat that pair with this pumpkin pecan praline whisky perfectly! I made both of these recipes to enjoy a spooky podcast.
For this recipe:
Pumpkin Pecan Praline Whisky
By Laura Bullock | Laura The Gastronaut
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 cocktail
• 1 1/4 ounces pecan praline whisky • 1/2 ounce pumpkin spice Irish cream • 1/4 ounce caramel vodka • Brown sugar, for the rim • Freshly grated nutmeg, for topping
1. In a shaker, add pecan praline whisky, pumpkin spice Irish cream, and caramel vodka. Add in a couple of ice cubes and shake for about 10 seconds until chilled. 2. Dip the rim of the cocktail glass into a bit of water and then twirl the rim in some brown sugar. 3. Strain cocktail into glass with a large ice cube and top with freshly grated nutmeg.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Let me know by leaving a comment below and sharing on Instagram. Tag @laurathegastronaut and hashtag it #laurathegastronaut.
Category: Cocktails, Fall Cuisine: American
Keywords: Halloween cocktail, Fall cocktail, pecan whisky, pumpkin cream
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER FALL COCKTAIL RECIPES
October 13, 2021 by Laura Bullock