Laura The Gastronaut > Recipes > Snacks > Fall Fruit & Cheese Board
Fall Fruit and Cheese Board
October 16, 2021 | Jump to Recipe
*This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see full disclosure policy for details.*
This fruit and cheese board has all the fall vibes! Perfect for that cool October or November day with some fall sangria.
31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN
This fall fruit and cheese board is a part of my 31 Days of Halloween. For each day in October, I come up with a cocktail recipe and snack recipe that perfectly matches a scary movie, Halloween movie, or a fun spooky activity. Check it out for all of your Halloween snack and drinking desires!
BEAUTIFUL, CHEESY, AND FRUITY
Is there anything better than a tray full of delicious snacks and cheese?! I don't think so. This fall fruit and cheese board is the perfect chilly October or November snack. Pair it with some fall sangria, and you'll have a great day!
This board is heavy on the fruit. I focused mostly on fall fruit such as dried cranberries, apples, red grapes, oranges, and pears. For the cheeses, I went with two white cheeses- a soft (Brie) and a hard (white cheddar). I then surrounded the board with walnuts and pretzels. Lastly, I added a bowl of caramel sauce for dipping!
FALL FRUIT & CHEESE BOARD INGREDIENTS
• Fruit: apples, pears, oranges, grapes, dried cranberries
• Nuts: walnuts
• Cheese: brie, white cheddar
• Dip: caramel sauce
HOW TO MAKE FALL FRUIT AND CHEESE BOARD
There's many different ways to arrange this on a board, but here's how I did it! Since the brie is the biggest, I begin by putting that first on the platter. I surrounded the brie with the pear, apple, and orange slices. Then I put the small bowl of caramel sauce across from the brie. I put 3 bunches of grapes in the empty spaces, and placed small slices of white cheddar on one empty edge of the platter. On the other side of the caramel, I put a pile of twisted pretzels. I then filled in the holes of the platter with walnut pieces and dried cranberries. Lastly, for color, I put a sprig of fresh oregano on the brie.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH FALL FRUIT AND CHEESE BOARD
• Crackers; Would be another great addition to this cheese board!
• Fall Sangria; A fall cheese board calls for a fall sangria!
• Tequila Orange Julius; For my Halloween celebrations, I enjoyed this cheese and fruit board with a boozy orange julius for a nice relaxing and spooky day!
For this recipe:
Fall Fruit and Cheese Board
By Laura Bullock | Laura The Gastronaut
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
• 1 brie cheese round • 1/2 cup caramel sauce • 1 orange, sliced • 1 pear, sliced • 1 red apple, sliced • 3 small bunches of red grapes • 1 cup pretzel twists • 4 ounces white cheddar, sliced • 1/2 cup walnut pieces • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. On a large platter, place brie round and bowl of caramel sauce. 2. Arrange orange, pear, and apple slices around the brie cheese. 3. Place the bunches of grapes, a pile of pretzels twists, and white cheddar slices in open spots on the platter. 4. Fill the holes on the platter with walnut pieces and dried cranberries.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Let me know by leaving a comment below and sharing on Instagram. Tag @laurathegastronaut and hashtag it #laurathegastronaut.
Category: Appetizers & Snacks, Fall, Vegetarian Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheese board, Halloween Recipe, charcuterie, fruit board, cheese tray
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER APPETIZER RECIPES
October 16, 2021 by Laura Bullock