Laura The Gastronaut > Recipes > Sweets > Peanut Butter Whisky Float
Peanut Butter Whisky Float
October 23, 2021 | Jump to Recipe
*This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see full disclosure policy for details.*
Why have a normal float when you can have a boozy peanut butter whisky float?! This float is dangerously delicious!
31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN
This peanut butter whisky float is a part of my 31 Days of Halloween. For each day in October, I come up with a cocktail recipe and snack recipe that perfectly matches a scary movie, Halloween movie, or a fun spooky activity. Check it out for all of your Halloween snack and drinking desires!
CREAMY, PEANUT BUTTERY, & INCREDIBLY GOOD
If you are a peanut butter fan, this float is a must try! I tried peanut butter whisky for the first time last year, and I've been addicted ever since. Sometimes I enjoy it on the rocks, and then sometimes I spice it up to see what delicious thing I can make with it. Today, we are pouring it on top of ice cream. YUM. How could that be bad?! It can't be! Peanut butter whisky is poured over ice cream and then the glass is topped off with some good ol' fashioned cream soda. This is bound to become your new favorite treat!
This float was a part of my Halloween celebrations on the day we watched the movie, IT. You know, "we all float down here."
WHAT'S IN THIS BOOZY PEANUT BUTTER FLOAT?
• Ice Cream: I used traditional vanilla ice cream, but a peanut butter flavored ice cream would be amazing in this float too!
• Peanut Butter Whisky: I, personally, think that all the peanut butter flavor brands out there taste slightly differently. It all just depends on your personal taste, but any of them would taste great in this float.
• Cream Soda: I used A&W cream soda, but you could also create your own with seltzer water, vanilla syrup, and a bit of cream.
HOW TO MAKE A PEANUT BUTTER WHISKY FLOAT
In a large glass, add 2-3 scoops of ice cream, 2 ounces of peanut butter whisky, and top with cream soda. Add a straw, and enjoy! Cheers!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH A PEANUT BUTTER WHISKY FLOAT
• Carnival Food; If you want to have a complete IT movie themed dinner, you gotta eat some carnival food- specifically hot dogs, cotton candy, peanuts, and popcorn!
PEANUT BUTTER FLOAT QUESTIONS
What is peanut butter whisky? Peanut butter whisky is a 70 proof whisky made with real peanuts. Most people know the brand Skrewball as it was the first to make peanut butter whisky which was put on the market in July 2018. There's now many brands selling it. As for taste, it is a sweet whisky that definitely tastes just like a peanut with some fall-ish flavors. Even if you don't like whisky, you may like peanut butter whisky!
For this recipe:
Peanut Butter Whisky Float
By Laura Bullock | Laura The Gastronaut
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 float
• 2-3 scoops vanilla ice cream (or peanut butter flavored) • 2 ounces peanut butter whisky • 8-12 ounces cream soda
1. Scoop ice cream in a large glass. 2. Pour in peanut butter whisky and top with cream soda.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Let me know by leaving a comment below and sharing on Instagram. Tag @laurathegastronaut and hashtag it #laurathegastronaut.
Category: Cocktails, Sweets Cuisine: American
Keywords: ice cream float, peanut butter whisky, Halloween Recipe, IT recipe, peanut butter float
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER COCKTAIL RECIPES
October 23, 2021 by Laura Bullock