Laura The Gastronaut > Recipes > Cocktails > Boozy Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
Boozy Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
October 30, 2021 | Jump to Recipe
*This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see full disclosure policy for details.*
This boozy pumpkin pie milkshake has all of those great pumpkin pie flavors, ice cream, and booze. It's a win-win-win!
31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN
This boozy pumpkin pie milkshake is a part of my 31 Days of Halloween. For each day in October, I come up with a cocktail recipe and snack recipe that perfectly matches a scary movie, Halloween movie, or a fun spooky activity. Check it out for all of your Halloween snack and drinking desires!
BOOZY, PUMPKIN-Y, & CREAMY
Why have just a milkshake when you can have a boozy milkshake?! This milkshake is everything that you want in a pumpkin pie plus booze plus ice cream. I mean, you can't go wrong here. There's real pumpkin in here, spiced rum, and all those pumpkin pie flavors.
BOOZY PUMPKIN PIE MILKSHAKE INGREDIENTS
• Vanilla Ice Cream: You could also use a pumpkin ice cream here or do they have a graham cracker ice cream.. that would be so good. Anyways, I personally love the vanilla addition the ice cream brings to this milkshake.
• Pumpkin Puree: If we are making a pumpkin pie milkshake we must have pumpkin. Make sure you are grabbing the 100% pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix.
• Vanilla Simple Syrup: You can use a store-bought vanilla syrup, but it's also so easy to make your own with only 3 ingredients- brown sugar, water, and vanilla extract.
• Spiced Rum & Irish Cream: The booze portions of the milkshake.
• Spices: Cinnamon, Nutmeg, & Ginger. The classic pumpkin pie spices!
Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice: For the rim of the glass.
HOW TO MAKE A BOOZY PUMPKIN PIE MILKSHAKE
First, make the vanilla simple syrup. In a small saucepan, stir together 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup water. Place saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract. Let cool at least 15 minutes.
In a blender, add 4 large scoops of vanilla ice cream, 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree, 2 ounces (1/4 cup) vanilla simple syrup, 2 ounces (1/4 cup) spiced rum, 2 ounces (1/4 cup) Irish cream, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, and 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger. Puree until combined and creamy.
Dip the rims of 2 milkshake glasses into a bit of ice cream and then dip into a pile of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.
Pour milkshake into prepared milkshake glasses, and enjoy. Cheers!
BOOZY PUMPKIN PIE MILKSHAKE QUESTIONS
Can I leave out the alcohol? Yes. You can make a non-alcoholic milkshake by replacing the liquor with milk.
How long can you keep the simple syrup? This vanilla simple syrup can be kept in the fridge for up to a month if stored in a tightly-closed container.
For this recipe:
Boozy Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
By Laura Bullock | Laura The Gastronaut
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 5 minutes | Cooling Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
For Vanilla Simple Syrup:
• 4 large scoops vanilla ice cream • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree • 1/4 cup (2 ounces) vanilla simple syrup • 1/4 cup (2 ounces) spiced rum • 1/4 cup (2 ounces) Irish cream • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon • 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg • 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger • Optional: cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice, for rim of glass
1. Make the Vanilla Simple Syrup: In a small saucepan, stir together sugar and water. Place saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla extract. Let cool at least 15 minutes. 2. Make the Milkshake: In a blender, add all of the milkshake ingredients. Puree until creamy and well combined. 3. If desired, dip the rims of 2 milkshake glasses into a bit of ice cream and then into a pile of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon. 4. Pour milkshake into prepared milkshake glasses, and enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Let me know by leaving a comment below and sharing on Instagram. Tag @laurathegastronaut and hashtag it #laurathegastronaut.
Category: Cocktails, Fall, Sweets
Keywords: pumpkin milkshake, pumpkin pie milkshake, alcoholic milkshake
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER BOOZY PUMPKIN RECIPES!
October 30, 2021 by Laura Bullock