Laura The Gastronaut > Recipes > Cocktails > Orange Juice Margarita
Orange Juice Margarita
October 11, 2021 | Jump to Recipe
*This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see full disclosure policy for details.*
This orange juice margarita is so delicious and so pretty with the blue curacao floater. This cocktail was inspired by Marge Simpson, and it's other name is Marge-arita.
31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN
This orange juice margarita is a part of my 31 Days of Halloween. For each day in October, I come up with a cocktail recipe and snack recipe that perfectly matches a scary movie, Halloween movie, or a fun spooky activity. Check it out for all of your Halloween snack and drinking desires!
PRETTY, TANGY, AND TASTY
I can't stop staring at this beautiful orange juice margarita. The bottom half of this drink is made with freshly squeezed orange juice and lime juice. Next we float on the booze. The top part is a combation of blue curacao and silver tequila. When mixed, it turns the gorgeous turqouise and tastes so good. Think a traditional margarita but with a bit of orange tang added to it.
This cocktail was made for my The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror movie night! This margarita can also be called the "marge-arita." Get it?? The margarita looks just like Marge! I garnished with maraschino cherries to resemble Marge's necklace. I paired this cocktail with a pink icing raspberry jelly-filled donut for the perfect Simpsons dinner and a movie.
ORANGE JUICE MARGARITA INGREDIENTS
• Orange Juice: For the best flavor, use freshly squeezed orange juice.
• Lime Juice: Same goes for the lime juice- freshly squeezed is best!
• Blue Curacao: Blue curacao is very similar to triple sec. I chose to use blue curacao instead of triple sec to bet that beautiful blue floater.
• Silver Tequila: Tequila blanco is best for margaritas to give your cocktail a true agave flavor.
HOW TO MAKE ORANGE JUICE MARGARITA
In a cocktail shaker, combine 4 ounces orange juice and 1 ounce lime juice. Add a couple ice cubes, and shake for about 10 seconds until chilled. Strain into a cocktail glass.
In a separate glass, stir together 1 1/2 ounces tequila and 1 ounce blue curacao. Slowly pour the blue curacao and tequila mixture over the back of a bar spoon on top of the orange and lime juice mixture so that it floats on top. Garnish with maraschino cherries or a lime wedge.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS ORANGE JUICE MARGARITA
• Avocado Jalapeno Dip; A margarita paired with this avocado jalapeno dip is a perfect combination!
• Guacamole; Margarita and guacamole belong together.
• Raspberry Jelly-filled Donut; To stay with the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror theme, make these jelly-filled donuts topped with pink icing and sprinkles.
For this recipe:
Orange Juice Margarita
By Laura Bullock | Laura The Gastronaut
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
• 4 ounces orange juice • 1 ounce lime juice • 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila • 1 ounce blue curacao • Maraschino cherries or lime wedge, for garnish
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine orange juice and lime juice. Add a couple of ice cubes, and shake for about 10 seconds until chilled. Strain into a cocktail glass. 2. In a separate glass, stir together tequila and blue curacao. Slowly pouring over the back of a bar spoon, pour tequila/blue curacao over the orange & lime juice mixture so that it floats on top. 3. Garnish with maraschino cherries or a lime wedge. Stir cocktail slightly before enjoying.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Let me know by leaving a comment below and sharing on Instagram. Tag @laurathegastronaut and hashtag it #laurathegastronaut.
Keywords: orange margarita, orange juice margarita, blue curacao floater, margarita recipe
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER MARGARITA RECIPES!
October 11, 2021 by Laura Bullock