Laura The Gastronaut > Recipes > Cocktails > Caramel Apple Shots
Caramel Apple Shots
October 27, 2021 | Jump to Recipe
*This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see full disclosure policy for details.*
These bright green shots taste just like caramel apples especially when the shot glasses are given a caramel rim.
31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN
These caramel apple shots are a part of my 31 Days of Halloween. For each day in October, I come up with a cocktail recipe and snack recipe that perfectly matches a scary movie, Halloween movie, or a fun spooky activity. Check it out for all of your Halloween snack and drinking desires!
SOUR, SWEET, & ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS
These caramel apple shots are so good. Like super good. If you could squeeze an entire caramel apple into a shot glass, you'd get this. You have notes of caramel, green apple, spices, and a slight tartness to it. These are sure to be a fan favorite at your Halloween party.
CARAMEL APPLE SHOT INGREDIENTS
• Sour Apple Schnapps: I love this green liqueur. It's a must-have for any green apple fans out there. This will provide are typical green flavor and a bit of sourness.
• Caramel Vodka: This vodka gives us some booze and a whole lot of caramel flavor that pairs so well with that sour apple schnapps.
• Apple Cider: Brings in a real apple flavor along with so many delicious fall spices.
• Lemon Juice: The lemon juice really helps to bring in some tartness that comes with eating a fresh green apple and pairs really well with all of these flavors to bring the whole shot together.
• Caramel Sauce: Optional, but highly recommended to dip the rims of the glasses into caramel sauce! Getting a small bite of caramel after taking these shots is perfection.
HOW TO MAKE CARAMEL APPLE SHOTS
In a cocktail shaker, combine 4 ounces sour apple schnapps, 2 ounces caramel vodka, 2 ounces apple cider, and 1/2 ounce lemon juice. Add in a couple ice cubes, and shake for about 10 seconds until chilled.
If desired, dip the rims of 4 shot glasses into caramel sauce. My caramel made for caramel apples works really well for this.
Strain the mixture into the shot glass. Cheers!
For this recipe:
Caramel Apple Shots
By Laura Bullock | Laura The Gastronaut
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 4 shots
• 4 ounces sour apple schnapps • 2 ounces caramel vodka • 2 ounces apple cider • 1/2 ounce lemon juice • Optional: caramel sauce, for rim of shot glasses
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine all of the ingredients with a couple of ice cubes. Shake for about 10 seconds until chilled. 2. If desired, dip rims of each shot glass into caramel sauce. 3. Strain the mixture into 4 shot glasses, and enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Let me know by leaving a comment below and sharing on Instagram. Tag @laurathegastronaut and hashtag it #laurathegastronaut.
Category: Cocktails, Halloween
Keywords: green apple shots, green shots, halloween shots, caramel apple
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER HALLOWEEN SHOT RECIPES!
October 27, 2021 by Laura Bullock