Laura The Gastronaut > Recipes > Cocktails > Witches Brew- Limeade Punch
Witches Brew- Limeade Punch
October 31, 2021 | Jump to Recipe
*This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see full disclosure policy for details.*
This witches brew punch is perfect for a Halloween party! It's full of lime flavors, bright green, and bubbly just like real witches brew!
31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN
This witches brew- limeade punch is a part of my 31 Days of Halloween. For each day in October, I come up with a cocktail recipe and snack recipe that perfectly matches a scary movie, Halloween movie, or a fun spooky activity. Check it out for all of your Halloween snack and drinking desires!
TART, SWEET, GREEN, AND SPOOKY
This Halloween punch is filled with all those delicious lime flavors and some booze! It's bright glowing green, smoking, and bubbly just like real witches brew! This tasty punch would be great for a Halloween party!
WTICHES BREW- LIMEADE PUNCH INGREDIENTS
• Limade Concentrate: Adding in this limeade concentrate is going to bring an explosion of flavor to this punch.
• Vodka: The booze portion of our punch. If you want a non-alcoholic punch, you can substitute water for the vodka. It still tastes great!
• Lemon-Lime Soda: Any lemon-lime soda will work for this recipe. Mountain Dew is a great option as well.
• Lime Juice: Just for a little more tartness and real lime flavor. Freshly squeezed lime juice will taste best!
• Lime Sherbert: Brings in more lime flavor and makes the drink creamy and frothy!
• Green Food Coloring: To make it a spooky bright green color!
Optional: Dry Ice: To make the brew bubble!
HOW TO MAKE WITCHES BREW- LIMEADE PUNCH
In a large punch bowl or mixing bowl, combine 12 ounces of limeade concentrate, 2 cups of vodka (or water if you want a non-alcoholic punch), and 1/3 cup lime juice. Stir together until well combined. Add in 3-4 drops of green food coloring, and stir. Then pour in 2 liters of lemon-lime soda and scoop in 1/2 gallon of lime sherbert. Give a quick stir.
If you want to serve in a plastic witch cauldron and have the punch bubble up like a brew, you'll need dry ice. Since most plastic cauldrons are large and not food-safe, I like to put a smaller glass bowl upside down into the cauldron first, and then put a larger glass bowl on top of the upside-down smaller one. Place dry ice using tongs inside the cauldron with the smaller bowl already in place, and pour water over the dry ice. It should begin to smoke! Then put your punch bowl on top of the smaller upside-down bowl, and you should get a smoking punch! I do not recommend putting the dry ice directly into the punch because then you run the risk of somebody swallowing the dry ice.
WITCHES BREW- LIMEADE PUNCH QUESTIONS
Can I leave out the alcohol? Yep! Just substitute water for the vodka. It's still just as good!
Witches Brew- Limeade Punch
By Laura Bullock | Laura The Gastronaut
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
• 12 ounces limeade concentrate • 1/3 cup lime juice • 2 cups vodka • 3-4 drops green food coloring • 2 liters lemon-lime soda • 1/2 gallon lime sherbert
1. In a large punch bowl or mixing bowl, combine limeade concentrate, vodka, and lime juice. Stir until the limeade is well mixed. Add in the food coloring, and stir. 2. Pour in lemon-lime soda and scoop in the sherbert. Give a quick stir. *See notes above in the 'How to Make' section about serving punch in a witch cauldron with dry ice.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Let me know by leaving a comment below and sharing on Instagram. Tag @laurathegastronaut and hashtag it #laurathegastronaut.
Category: Cocktails, Halloween
Keywords: pumpkin milkshake, pumpkin pie milkshake, alcoholic milkshake
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER BOOZY PUMPKIN RECIPES!
October 31, 2021 by Laura Bullock