Laura The Gastronaut > Recipes > Cocktails > Green Apple Martini
Green Apple Martini
October 12, 2021 | Jump to Recipe
*This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see full disclosure policy for details.*
If you like sour green apples then this cocktail is for you! It's packed full of green apple flavor made with green apple vodka and sour apple schnapps.
31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN
This green apple martini is a part of my 31 Days of Halloween. For each day in October, I come up with a cocktail recipe and snack recipe that perfectly matches a scary movie, Halloween movie, or a fun spooky activity. Check it out for all of your Halloween snack and drinking desires!
GREEN, SOUR, & SWEET
This cocktail is perfect for all of you green apple lovers out there. Not only is this drink so tasty, it's also such a fun color! I decided to make this cocktail with sour apple schnapps and green apple vodka for maximum green apple flavor. It's like a green apple explosion in your mouth. This cocktail was a part of Day 12 of 31 Days of Halloween when we watched The Haunted Mansion. I was inspired by Madame Leota's bright green colored smoke!
WHAT'S IN A GREEN APPLE MARTINI?
• Sour Apple Schnapps: If you like green apple flavor, you'll love sour apple schnapps. It's so good, and I could definitely drink it straight.
• Green Apple Vodka: I chose green apple vodka for more flavor, but you could also use plain vodka as well.
• Apple Juice: The sweetness of the apple juice cuts the sourness a bit and adds some more delicious apple flavor.
• Lemon Juice: Lemon pairs great with the apple. Freshly squeezed lemon juice is best.
• Green Apple Slices: For garnish.
HOW TO MAKE GREEN APPLE MARTINIS
In a shaker, pour in 1 1/2 ounces sour apple schnapps, 1 ounce green apple vodka, 1 1/2 ounces apple juice, and 1/2 ounce lemon juice. Add a couple ice cubes, and shake about 10 seconds until chilled. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with green apple slices. Cheers!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH GREEN APPLE MARTINIS
• Spooky Spider Pizza Rolls; Keep up with The Haunted Mansion theme and make these spider pizza rolls to go with your Madame Leota (green apple) cocktail!
• Green Apple Jello Shots; If you really want to keep it up with the green apple flavors, try out these delicious green apple Jell-O shots!
GREEN APPLE MARTINI QUESTIONS
I can't find green apple vodka. Help! No worries. While it will decrease the flavor of green apple, you can substitute plain vodka for the green apple vodka. What is schnapps? Schnapps is a distilled spirit. In America, schnapps are usually a mix of a neutral grain (usually wheat or rye) spirit with fruit syrup or spices. You can find so many different flavors of schnapps such as peach, peppermint, and butterscotch. They are usually pretty sweet, have a lower ABV, and used as a mixer. In Europe, schnapps is spelled 'schnaps,' and it is used to describe any strong distilled spirit. It's usually used to describe fruit brandies, have a higher ABV, and enjoyed straight.
For this recipe:
Green Apple Martini
By Laura Bullock | Laura The Gastronaut
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 cocktail
• 1 1/2 ounces sour apple schnapps • 1 ounce green apple vodka (or plain vodka) • 1 1/2 ounces apple juice • 1/2 ounce lemon juice
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients. Add a couple of ice cubes, and shake for about 10 seconds until chilled. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with green apple slices.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Let me know by leaving a comment below and sharing on Instagram. Tag @laurathegastronaut and hashtag it #laurathegastronaut.
Category: Cocktails, Halloween Cuisine: American
Keywords: green apple cocktail, Halloween Recipe, The Haunted Mansion Recipe, appletini, green apple
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER HALLOWEEN COCKTAIL RECIPES
October 12, 2021 by Laura Bullock