Laura The Gastronaut > Recipes > Cocktails > Pecan Pie Jell-O Shots
Bourbon Pecan Pie Jell-O Shots
November 16, 2021 | Jump to Recipe
*This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see full disclosure policy for details.*
Kick up your Thanksgiving and Friendsgiving celebrations a notch with these delicious and boozy pecan pie Jello shots. Made with all of your favorite pecan pie ingredients, they are sure to be a big hit.
SWEET, NUTTY, AND BOOZY
Take your Friendsgiving or Thanksgiving gathering to the next level with these bourbon pecan pie Jello shots. These little wiggly shots are filled up with all of the classic pecan pie ingredients and some booze- bourbon and vodka. They are then topped with caramelized ground pecans, whipped cream, and a pecan half. So not only do they taste good, they will look good sitting on your table this year. Another great thing about them- they are super quick to whip up and then you can just throw them in the fridge until you're ready to party.
PECAN PIE JELL-O SHOT INGREDIENTS
*Some of these links may be affiliate links.*
• Unflavored Gelatin Powder: I use unflavored gelatin powder so I can be in control of all the flavors.
• Brown Sugar: Adds sweetness and a slight molasses flavor.
• Dark Corn Syrup: Just like regular pecan pie, we are using dark corn syrup for flavor and sweetness. It also helps to reduce the amount of water needed so you end up with a more flavorful shot rather than watery.
• Vanilla Extract & Butter Extract: Adds flavors that help this shot taste like the real deal.
• Bourbon & Vodka: Bourbon and pecan pie go hand-in-hand. However, when using a full cup, it is a little overpowering. I like to do half bourbon and half vodka for more balance.
• Ground Pecans + Brown Sugar: This topping on the shot makes them taste SO good.
• Toppings: Halved Pecans + Whipped Cream
HOW TO MAKE PECAN PIE JELL-O SHOTS
In a medium bowl, pour in 1/4 cup of room temperature water. Sprinkle on 2 envelopes (~2 tablespoons) unflavored gelatin powder. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup dark corn syrup, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, and 1/2 teaspoon butter extract. Place over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, just until it begins to simmer. Remove from heat.
Whisk the hot mixture into the hydrated gelatin until well combined. Whisk in 1/2 cup bourbon and 1/2 cup vodka. Pour into 10 2-ounce plastic shot glasses, and let chill in the fridge for 4 hours or until set.
For the topping, you will need 1/4 cup of ground pecans. You could buy already ground pecans or crush them yourself. I like to use a mini food processor (*affiliate link) to make the it easy. You could also put them in a plastic baggie and use something sturdy such as a rolling pin to crush them that way or chop them with a knife very finely.
In a small bowl, combine the ground pecans and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Top each of the shots with a spoonful of the pecan mixture.
Lastly, top with each shot with whipped cream and a pecan half. Cheers!
For this recipe:
*Some of these links may be affiliate links.*
Pecan Pie Jell-O Shots
*Some of these ingredient links may be affiliate links.*
By Laura Bullock | Laura The Gastronaut
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
Yield: 10 shots
• 3/4 cup water, divided • 2 envelopes (~2 Tablespoons) unflavored gelatin powder • 1/2 cup dark corn syrup • 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon brown sugar, divided • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract • 1/2 teaspoon butter extract • 1/2 cup bourbon • 1/2 cup vodka • 1/4 cup pecans, ground • Whipped cream + Pecan Halves, for topping
1. In a medium bowl, sprinkle unflavored gelatin powder on top of 1/4 cup of water. Set aside. 2. In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup water, dark corn syrup, 1/4 cup brown sugar, vanilla, and butter extract. Place over medium-high heat just until boiling, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. 3. Whisk the hot sugar mixture into the bowl of hydrated gelatin. Whisk in bourbon and vodka. 4. Pour mixture into 2-ounce Jello shot cups. Chill in fridge for 4 hours or until set. 5. In a small bowl, combine ground pecans and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Top each shot with spoonful pecan mixture. 6. Top each shot with whipped cream and one pecan half.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Let me know by leaving a comment below and sharing on Instagram. Tag @laurathegastronaut and hashtag it #laurathegastronaut.
Category: Cocktails, Thanksgiving Cuisine: American
Keywords: friendsgiving shot, pecan pie shot, pecan pie jello shot, Thanksgiving shots
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER JELLO SHOT RECIPES
November 16, 2021 by Laura Bullock